If President Trump wins re-election, he'll move to immediately fire FBI Director Christopher Wray and also expects to replace CIA Director Gina Haspel and Defense Secretary Mark Esper. Axios reports the list of planned replacements is much longer...read more
A tweet sent by Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden warning about a pandemic was trending on Twitter today, the one-year anniversary of the post. “We are not prepared for a pandemic,” Biden tweeted on Oct. 25, 2019, saying the country needs...read more
Actor Brad Pitt narrated a new campaign ad for Democratic candidate Joe Biden that aired during the World Series game last night. In the commercial, a montage of clips show Biden meeting with supporters and standing on a stage with wife Dr. Jill...read more
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and President Trump are essentially tied in traditionally Republican Texas, with just nine days until the election. Three southern battlegrounds in the presidential contest remain up for grabs just a little...read more
Back in April, President Trump picked out a single computer model of coronavirus spread as his oracle of choice. Unsurprisingly, that simulation initially had rosier estimates than other algorithms, projecting many fewer Covid-19 deaths — and its...read more
President Trump assured supporters packed shoulder to shoulder at a trio of rallies Saturday that “we’re rounding the turn” on the coronavirus and mocked challenger Joe Biden for raising alarms about the pandemic, despite surging cases around the...read more
A prominent conservative New Hampshire newspaper made its first-ever endorsement of a Democratic presidential candidate in its more than 100-year history today, backing former Vice President Joe Biden over President Trump. The New Hampshire Union...read more
Joe Biden will travel to Georgia on Tuesday, the Democratic presidential nominee’s first campaign trip to a state that hasn’t voted for a Democrat since 1992 but one where polls show a tight race. Biden plans to travel to Warm Springs and Atlanta,...read more
Florida Republicans are pouring out of the trenches. Politico: After weeks of Democrats outvoting them by mail, Republican voters stormed early voting precincts in person this week, taking large bites out of their opponents’ historic lead in...read more
President Trump, who declared “I don’t make money from China” in Thursday night’s presidential debate, has in fact collected millions of dollars from government-owned entities in China since he took office. Forbes: At least $5.4 million has flowed...read more
- Escape At Home
Want to get lost in a good book? We have 11 suggestions for you. Or play the video game Among Us. Warning: It’s addictive.
- Covid-19 Updates: A Grim Weekend for Europe, Where Cases Keep Climbing
Spain and Italy announced new restrictions, and deaths were rising in France. In the U.S., experts warned that hospitals may soon reach a breaking […]
- At N.H. Rally, Trump Attacks Biden’s Economic Plans
President Trump called Joe Biden’s platform a “missile aimed at the heart of the middle class.” Nancy Pelosi said she would run for another […]
- How Homegrown Disinformation Could Disrupt This U.S. Election
In 2016, Russia developed a simple, effective playbook to undermine U.S. elections with disinformation on social media. Four years later, Americans […]
- Infection of Pence Aides Raises New Questions About Trump’s Virus Response
From the beginning, the president has turned mask wearing and other preventive measures into a loyalty test. He and his aides have taken the same […]
- New wave of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations strain health systems
The latest wave is prompting plans for makeshift medical centers and new talk of rationing care.
- From coronavirus to race to the economy, Wisconsin is a microcosm of the forces...
The state may be the tipping point in the presidential election, and deservedly so.
- Native voters struggle amid growing reliance on mail-in voting
- Police brace for potential Election Day unrest in a year when ‘everything is...
Law enforcement officials say they are doing more planning and preparation for an unusually fraught election.
- U.S. hits all-time high in new coronavirus cases, exceeding 80,000 in a day for...
Friday’s tally of 78,752 and counting comes as many states break their records for new infections and see surging hospitalizations.
- Mexico seizes industrial-scale meth, fentanyl lab in capital
- 'An incredibly tragic day for Ocala': Florida police chief Greg Graham...
The death of Greg Graham, who became Ocala's 30th police chief in January 2012, stunned the central Florida city northwest of Orlando.
- Erdogan doubles down in backlash against Macron's Islam comments
The backlash against President Emmanuel Macron's comments on Islam intensified Sunday, with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan again urging him […]
- Biden tweet from exactly one year ago warns US is ‘not prepared’ for a...
‘We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilises the world to stop outbreaks,’ former vice president wrote
- Indiana student, 20, killed by stray bullet while visiting New York City
Indiana University sophomore Ethan Williams had dreamed of a trip to New York City ever since seeing a Spider-Man movie as a child, his family said.
- Lobbying firm cuts ties with Turkey under pressure
Under pressure over the fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, Mercury Public Affairs has terminated its contract with the Turkish government.
- How Trump could repeat 2016
This week's episode of Nerdcast
- Man accused of death threat against Flynn judge is denied release before trial
Frank Caporusso has pleaded not guilty to one count of threatening to assault or murder a federal judge in order to interfere with his official […]
- Florida's top election official weighs in on felons, masks and security
The DeSantis administration will be under heightened scrutiny since the battleground state is crucial to President Donald Trump’s reelection […]
- Murphy begins self-quarantine after senior staffer tests positive for Covid
“I‘ve got to go take myself off the field and get tested again today,” he said.